Chexout PolicyPolicy number: 105
Policy Effective Date: February 2011
Last Revision Date: October 2017
The following provides guidelines on Chexout policies in the collection, handling and use of information.
- Any persons authorized to manage or access data stored in our database.
Use or Disclosure of Your Information
Chexout stores information in a database. Under certain circumstances “Deidentified Data” will be released.
De-identified Data means all data combined and not specific to any individual.
- Required by law.As required by law, we will use and disclose de-identified data, but we will limit our use or disclosure to the relevant requirements of the law.
- Public health.We may disclose de-identified data or information, if requested, to public health authorities that are authorized by law to receive and collect health information for the purpose of preventing or controlling disease.
- Health oversight activities.We may disclose deidentified data to health oversight agencies during the course of audits, investigations, inspections, licensure and other proceedings, subject to the limitations imposed by Federal and Virginia State law.
- Research. We may use or disclose deidentified data for research purposes under certain limited circumstances.
Your individual test record belongs to you. Chexout is not permitted to use or disclose your individual test information for any reason with the exception of the following:
Judicial and administrative proceedings.We may disclose your information to courts or administrative agencies charged with the authority to hear and resolve lawsuits or disputes. We may be compelled to disclose this information pursuant to a court order, a subpoena, a discovery request, or other lawful process issued by a judge or other person involved in the dispute, but only if efforts have been made to (i) notify you of the request for disclosure or (ii) obtain an order blocking a request.
Change of Ownership.In the event that this organization is merged with another organization, the database will become the property of the new owner, although you will maintain the right to delete your individual records from the site.
Individuals have the following rights related to his or her Individually Identifiable Health Information:
- The right to review and obtain a copy of his or her protected health information, which is maintained as part of Chexout's designated record set.
- When information is deemed inaccurate or incomplete, individuals have the right to request an amendment to his or her protected health information.
- The right to request a disclosure of all entities with which his or her protected health information was shared, except where exempted by law.
- The right to request a restriction of the disclosure of his or her protected health information.
- The right to request an alternative means for the communication of protected health information, other than one which has been chosen by Chexout.
Questions, Comments or Complaints
If you have any questions regarding this Notice or wish to receive additional information about our privacy practices, please contact:
P.O. Box 674
Dunn Loring, Virginia 22027
Joseph Paulini, Chief Executive Officer
Approved: October 2017